This sweet potato and butter bean curry is perfect for these dark autumn nights, it's full of fibre and healthy fats which your gut will love you for. Little tip: make big portions as it keeps perfectly for lunch the next day or stored in an air tight container in the fridge for a quick dinner that upcoming week!
1 tsp olive oil
one large sweet potato
one can butter beans
200ml coconut milk
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garam masala
1/2 onion chopped
3 cloves chopped garlic
1/4 can chopped tomatoes
1. Chop the sweet potato into medium sized chunks
2. Place the sweet potato into a medium sized pan with boiling water to cover. Simmer on medium heat for approx. 20 mins.
3. Add 1 tsp olive oil in a medium sized frying pan. Heat 1-2 mins on medium heat.
4. Add chopped onion and garlic. Fry for approx. 5 mins.
5. Mix tomato paste, garam masala, turmeric and 2 tbsp water into a small pot until a paste forms.
6. Fry with the onion and garlic for 30 seconds. Stir frequently.
7. Add butter beans. Fry 3 mins.
8. Add 200ml coconut milk and olive oil. Simmer 5 mins.
10. Add cooked sweet potato (ensure soft, should be able to place a fork in and take back out easily).
11. Next add the chopped tomatoes and stir.
12. Simmer 20 minutes on low-medium heat.
Serve and simmer with cauliflower rice, brown rice or quinoa.